Author Topic: As we say in the South.....  (Read 3474 times)

Dark Talon

As we say in the South.....
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:09:10 PM »
Ya'll ain't gonna believe THIS stuff!!

First time I've driven it in almost two weeks due to the rain so I figured that I'd take him for a cruise today & pick my son up from school, needless to say, I didn't make it thanks to a lady trying to pass me on the right...........while I was stopped & making a right hand turn (yes Paul, I had my signal on)
DT

rusty

• West TN Ecto-1
Re: As we say in the South.....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:57:32 PM »
i have a pretty good idea

Dark Talon

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:21:32 PM »
You know....you'd THINK that a 17' BRIGHT ORANGE car would be easy to see....guess not!

ectopaul

• Universal Ecto-1
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 01:53:37 AM »
Looks like a fender and a door, time to call Goodmark or Stephen's Performance. At least it was a glancing blow and not a direct impact.

Damn man, cursed car dude.

We were rear-ended sitting in dead stop traffic about two weeks ago in my wife's new Honda Fit. Lady got out of her earth Fricker and said well it's only a little ding. I said why were you talking on your cell phone which she had in her left hand. She said I wasn't talking on my cell phone. I said what's it doing in your hand, duh! What a total bitch, not even a scratch one her excursion and my whole back bumper is caved in and a trailer hitch imprint on our front bumper where she pushed us into the truck in front that was about six feet away.

Just a little ding, what a crock!

I feel for you Mike, that's a bad beat, that's why I am very nervous every time I drive the Ecto. I'm always more worried someone will crash into me while watching the car.

I hope you don't give up on him, if you do, I'll give you $500 and haul it away.  ;D

Paul.

ectopaul

• Universal Ecto-1
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 01:55:22 AM »
Oh yeah Mike, make sure you have your signal on.  :-\

Paul

rusty

• West TN Ecto-1
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 03:30:17 AM »
that big bus in the background hit mine...but the guy was real nice and helped all he could...even sent cash after the ins, had payed up.....the funny thing is his family rode him hard about hitting a big orange car...and he got all dukes stuff for christmas ...but sorry it happened....it just made me sick ..to see your pics

ectopaul

• Universal Ecto-1
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 04:32:52 PM »
Hey Mike,

Any updates?

Paul

Dark Talon

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »
He's in the shop getting tore down.....we're just waiting on the insurance check to clear so we can start ordering parts.
$600.00 for just the damn fender! :(

ectopaul

• Universal Ecto-1
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
Well that's good news, nice when someone else is paying, post some pics of the progress.

Paul

Dark Talon

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 10:13:37 PM »
Man, with everything that I've been through with this fu**ing car, I don't even want to go back to the shop to get it when it's finished much less go to take pics.
As far as I'm concerned at this point, the damn thing can sit in there and rust to the ground. >:( >:(